Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Color Bursts Background


Hi everyone! Francine here! Today, I’m back with a video tutorial. Here is my project:





This time, I want to share how to create a fun  and colorful background using Color Bursts. Color Bursts are watercolor pigment powders that react with water.




Watch the video to find out how the card was created:






Stamps: Letters & Perfect Tune (Create A Smile)
Inks & other mediums: Ken Oliver Crafts Color Bursts "Orange" and "Alizarin Crimson", Black Licorice Hybrid Ink (My Favorite Things), Versamark, Copic markers, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen
Paper: white cardstock (or watercolor paper)
Various: 3D foam pads, washi tape, white embossing powder, anti-static powder tool, bone folder, scissors, trimmer,tape, heat gun, etc. 

    





You can sprinkle Color Bursts onto the background and then spritz them with water. But you can also add water first and then sprinkle Color Bursts over it.

If you spritz a small amount of water, the background will be more vibrant. With more water, it will be softer.

You can always add more powder and/or water. Don’t forget to experiment and try to create multiple layers.



Don’t forget to share your Create A Smile creations with us! Upload them right in the sidebar. 

Thanks for stopping by! I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!






4 comments:

  1. Its Awesome..loved the burst of vibrant colors !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up on some e-mail's and came across this one. I love how you did this card! I will have to watch the video and see how you did it. I too love the colors. I don't have any Color Bursts but I'm thinking I may have to get some! Thanks for showing us the card!

    ReplyDelete