Sunday, September 20, 2015

Playing with Light Colours

Hi everyone! :) To be very honest with you, as much as I love pastel colours, I am guilty of not using it much on my cards. So I thought I would use the opportunity to use it today. 


My first idea for the card was to combine two stamp sets because I find that when you do this, you are actually "extending" the life of your stamps. 

I've recently purchase the Intense pencils and I'm pretty excited! I really love them but I'm still very new with it. I started out by embossing the leaves and little animal with white embossing powder. 

I, then, coloured the darkest part of the image with the pencil. 


After that I simply took my water brush and start to pull the pigment to the rest of the images. This gives a smooth gradient of dark to light. 


That's all! I cut out all the images and made a scene on the card :) 



Create A Smile Stamps - Friends & Couples
Create A Smile Stamps - Time to Say Thanks
Create A Smile Stamps - ein riesiges Danke


If you find that the colour became too light after you've added water, you can use the water brush and take the colour directly from the pencil :)


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment