Monday, April 20, 2015

Stretching your stamps; pinwheels...........

Hi there, it's Anja again,  I hope you all enjoyed yesterday's post from my teamie Marina about stretching your stamps. I am going to take you a little bit further today........


 
I always try to see if I could use the stamps in a different way and not the obvious use.
So for today's stretching your stamps I choosed the lovely boat from the newest underwaterlove set.
And just look what I did with it.......
 
 



Yes I cut it but no worries it didn't scream and you can always put it together again and nobody will ever notice it has been cut.
 
So what about making a pinwheel out of the boat? I stamped the boat 6 times with memento black ink on copic friendly paper masking of each time and colored it with copic markers in Rainbow colors. Fuzzy cut it and traced the outline with a black marker. Placed a brad in the center of the pinwheel and taped a toothpick behind it.
I took a top folded card in white and use the swirly stencil with some grey ink to create a background.
Rounded to opposite corners and taped the pinwheels to the card.
To finish the card I used the sentiment from the bad day set.
 
 
 
Now I had the sail from the boat doesn't it look like a shark's fin? So for the second card I colored two shark fins with copics fuzzy cut them and traced the outline with a black marker. I took a watercolor panel and stamped a part of the wild waters backgroundstamp in versamark ink. Heat embossed it with white embossingpowder and gave the card a waterwash with distress ink. I diecut a circle and used it to make a sun with distress ink. For the sky I used a cloudshaped form and distress inkt. With a black marker I drew two birds in the sky.
With a craft knife I made two slits in the "waves" and placed the shark fins. To finish the card I white embossed the sentiment from the underwaterlove set on black cardstock.
I placed the panel on some fun foam and placed it on a top folded card.

 
Stamps;



Stencil;
 




As I mentioned before if you can't stamp the stamps by masking them you can easily cut them apart you won't harm them and you can always put them together as they were meant to be.
Just look trough your stamps and try to see what you can create with them. If you have a watercolored panel and it isn't flat anymore use some fun foam or any other kind of some a little smaller then your panel to give it some dimension and to adhere it flat on your cardbase.



We would still love to see your creations and maybe stretching your stamps so please link them up on the sidebar.

Have a great week, Anja

 

9 comments:

  1. I love see people stretch the stamps. Somtimes you have to think outside the box a little but it always turns out great. I love both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards and creative ideas. I always love stretching those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness.. Incredible!! YES!!! You stretched your stamps!! WOWOWOWOWOW!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant love the pin wheels shark fin cool you r so creative that is why I love your stamps:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wunderful idea, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such clever ideas! I love those rainbow pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anja, these pinwheels are cute!
    I love them as colorful points in my garden (great when there are no flowers in this moment).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant - love what you have done, such great cards. :)

    ReplyDelete