Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Guest Designer Gayatri Murali Part 2

Take time to be happy card
Hello everyone, Gayatri here again as guest designer sharing with you a bright and colourful card using the Botanical Love stamp set. I LOVE the big bold flowers and leaves in this set. I decided to colour them using copic markers.
Here is my finished card.


I stamped the flowers and leaves around the edges of a white card stock panel using Memento Black Ink. I used masking technique to mask the flowers and stamp leaves around the flowers. I then coloured the images using copic markers. Absolutely love the bright vibrant colours and white space towards the centre. I wanted to keep these coloured images are highlight of the card. I stamped the sentiment also from the same stamp set in the centre. While doing that, I stamped the large sentiment a bit crooked. Yes, I do stamp my sentiment crooked most of the time. I blame my astigmatism. Lol! Anyway, I did not want to start again but I wanted to rectify it somehow. So I picked a small rectangle die and die cut the crookedly stamped sentiment off the panel. I then stamped the same sentiment on the card front, this time straight and heat embossed it. I then adhered the stamped panel on the card front using foam adhesive. Now the large sentiment is inside a window. Mistake corrected ☺  Here is a close up of the card.



Hope you are inspired to try some making technique and copic colouring using this beautiful Botanical Love stamp set.
Thanks for stopping by today.

Gayatri


 

8 comments:

  1. really speechless look at your card Gayatri
    stunning and adorable
    love your coloring love love love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i like the flowers so much, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very creative save Gayatri. It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy and vibrant card Gayatri! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this card IS bright! Love how you colored the flowers and such a clever idea to correct your crooked stamped sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors here. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely gorgeous...awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome , love every bit of it nicely done
    http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete